This is another interesting walking tour option in the historic part of Barcelona.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- 4 HOURS.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- A private licensed guide only for your party.
- Transportation at the Chauffered tour.
- Priority access at all the sights
WHAT IT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance fees to sites (you can pay them the day of the tour).
- Taxis and transportation at the walking tour.
RAMBLA AND GOTHIC QUARTER TOUR
La Rambla is one of the most visited boulevards in the city; it is a very lively place, with lots of fun going on.
Starting from the top, we’ll stop at the Canaletas Fountain, where tradition has it that if you drink from the fountain, you’ll be sure to come back to Barcelona.
Walking further down La Rambla, you’ll be able to see several interesting buildings from the 19th century, smell and enjoy the Rambla’s flower markets, and, of course, take a tour inside the Boqueria Market, with its live seafood, “jamón”, fresh fruit juices, and maybe have a coffee or a “xuxo” (you’ll have to come to find out what that is!) at the Pinotxo.
The Liceo Opera House is also on the Rambla, as well as one of Gaudí’s very first projects, the Palau Güell (optional visit inside).
And of course, you’ll wander around and discover the melting pot of history, art, and cultures in the Gothic Quarter, with its Roman ruins, gothic buildings, Jewish heritage, and hidden squares….
A few more details
- How do I pay for the tour?
- We use Paypal and SumUp ( you do not need to have an account, you can pay with any credit card). You can pay for the tickets on the same day as the tour.
- Do I have to buy the tickets?
- No, we will take care of buying the tickets for you.
- Where do we meet?
- The guide will meet you at the hotel or apartment.
- Additional fees per person.
- Only if you want to visit the Cathedral or the Palau Güell.
- Is it kids friendly?
- We recommend it for teenagers, we cover a few of the historical moments that they might be studying at the moment. It is very helpful to see how old cities have been built and which buildings and institutions they all had.
- Do we have Priority access?
- Yes, we have priority access to both places.
- I have some mobility issues.
- The Old City is very easy to move with a wheelchair, with no steps at all; if you can not walk long distances, we aware that this is a 100% walking tour, and we can stop as many times as needed.
I was in Barcelona for two weeks with two different groups. I booked Skip the Line at the last minute just hoping for some generic info and no standing in line. What we got instead was two very good guides, great information, very professional, and a tour that far exceeded my expectations! This is a small company and now I know two of the three employees! I highly recommend it!
I got quick responses to my questions via email, it was easy to pay in advance and they chose a very easy meeting place– especially since we were coming by Metro. Would definitely use it again!
Albert was great. He was informative and flexible helping us make the most of our tour. I highly recommend getting a private tour of this site. Without it, we would have missed so much. Thank you!
Carolina set the bar high for the tour experience. She speaks excellent English, knows the history of Barcelona, organizes the tour to maximize results and is a very pleasant person.