As you know, Antoni Gaudi is the city’s most talented architect, so on this Gaudi’s Masterpieces tour, we invite you to discover his greatest works in Barcelona.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- 4 HOURS.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- A private licensed guide only for your party.
- Transportation at the Chauffered tour.
- Priority access at all the sights
WHAT IT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance fees to sites (you can pay them the day of the tour).
- Taxis and transportation at the walking tour.
Born in 1852, at Riudoms, a small town in Southern Catalonia’s countryside. Gaudi moved to Barcelona at a young age to attend University and got his degree in Architecture. He will stay then for good in Barcelona, building his most celebrated works in our city, from single homes to apartment buildings, churches, residential areas, so many projects in 74 years of life.
It is fascinating to discover that the same countryside of Gaudi’s childhood will be a major inspiration for Picasso and Miro too.
The Gaudi’s Masterpieces sites that we will show you on this tour are:
- The incredible Sagrada Família is the most visited tourist attraction in Spain and a “must-see” in Barcelona. We offer you inside and outside visits.
- The Park Güell with its long colorful bench, the salamander fountain, and some of the city’s most amazing panoramic views.
- Casa Mila (Pedrera) and Casa Batlló from outside admiring the façades of these two amazing buildings located just a few blocks from each other, on the most beautiful avenue in Barcelona, the Passeig de Gracia. All of them are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
There are many other Gaudi buildings that are worth the visit too. If you like to go a bit more off the beaten path, we recommend you to visit the Casa Vicens and Palau Güell (on our “Gaudi the rookie” Special tour).
Obviously, being with an officially licensed guide on the Gaudi’s Masterpieces tour means priority access to all the main sights. You’ll enjoy and profit more from your stay in our city.
A few more details
- How do I pay for the tour?
- We use Paypal and SumUp ( you do not need to have an account, you can pay with any credit card). You can pay for the tickets on the same day as the tour.
- Do I have to buy the tickets?
- No, we will take care of buying the tickets for you.
- Where do we meet?
- The guide and the driver (for the chauffeured tours) will pick you up at your hotel or apartment.
- Additional fees per person.
- 28 euros Sagrada Familia
- 10 euros Park Güell
- Is it kids friendly?
- YES, no doubts about it; all Gaudi tours are kid-friendly.
- Do we have Priority access?
- Yes, we have priority access to both places.
- I have some mobility issues.
- The Park Güell can be challenging if you have mobility issues; there are many steps, and we do some nice walking. Sagrada Familia provides wheelchairs on request.
Everything was so easy. We met our guide, Begonia, across the street, which was a perfect spot for a group photo before we bypassed the long lines and entered the temple. Begonia spoke English perfectly, was extremely knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. She not only knew all the history and facts about Gaudi and the Sagrada Familia, but she grew up in Barcelona so she was able to give us anecdotes and stories of the temple as well as the Spanish culture. We had several teenagers in our group and she kept them fully engaged throughout the tour. Although I had already visited the Sagrada Familia, I learned so much more being on a private tour, especially with Begonia as our guide.
I can’t say enough positive things about our experience with Carolina and Skip the Line. We were unsure about using a tour guide because we had never used one before, so we waited until we arrived in Barcelona to set something up. They responded immediately and were flexible concerning meeting times. We made an easy payment through PayPal and we were all set up. We met up with Carolina two blocks from where we were staying and she immediately engaged our 6 and 9-year-old kids. We went on to a tour that was incredibly informative from a historical perspective, but also in current events. And, it was great to get the perspective on current events from a local. Carolina was honest AND even-handed. The tour ended with “Certificates of Achievement” in understanding Barcelona for my kids. Skip the Line and Carolina were a highlight of our trip and I highly recommend them.
Best way to start our Trip !!!!
We signed up for the Highlights tour on our first full day in Barcelona and it was the perfect way to start our trip. Carolina was a great and patient guide and she really helped us get our bearings. We saw a few different areas of the city, learned a lot about each neighborhood, and ended up with a great tour of La Sagrada Familia. I highly recommend scheduling a tour with Skip the Line – they were professional, on time, organized and really fun to hang out with!