Why should I hire a local licensed guide?
Well, that’s a very easy question to answer:
- Mostly, because you are hiring a professional, someone who has passed an exam set by the regional government, proving his/her knowledge of our art, history, culture, and traditions.
- Every year we attend many different courses organized by the University of Barcelona and some of the city’s most important museums and sights, and of course by the two leading tour guides associations in Catalonia, Aguicat and Apit. So, you know you are hiring someone who has studied to become a guide and whose life revolves around it.
- With a licensed guide, you’ll have Priority Access to the most important monuments and sights.
- There’s no intermediary, so when you contact us through our website, we are the ones answering the emails, writing what you’re reading now, and leading the tours.
- All our tours are exclusive for your party; no one else will join your private city tour.
Sustainable & responsible tourism
We care about our city and region, plus Barcelona is our home. We are active members of the Tour Guides associations that are working together with both local and regional administrations to build the best city for ourselves and our visitors. Begoña was the President of the biggest tour guides association, Aguicat, for 2 years.
The restaurants that we recommend and those we take you to during the tour are all ones we have been to before; this means we take you to the same ones we go to ourselves, making sure that local businesses get promoted and rewarded for their passion for our gastronomy.
The same goes for souvenirs and shopping, we have contacts with many local businesses that will offer you a variety of hand/locally-made products.
If your group is bigger than 15, we’ll use audio guides. You’ll be able to hear your guide even in crowded streets, or if we are in a narrow alley early in the morning, the neighbors will not be disturbed by a guide shouting out loud to be heard by everyone. Plus, the audio guides will give you the freedom to take pictures while you are listening to your guide’s explanations.